Friday, November 26, 2010

giving thanks

Happy Thanksgiving friends, near and far.

Welcome to my belated introduction to life in Kenya. 

I am interning with an organization called Yang'at whose mission is to value the girl child in Kenya through programs in water, sanitation, health and education.  I will be introducing you to their work in the coming days.  We are also wrapping up research for a start-up non-profit called Jitokeze which my dear friend Pini has spearheaded.  We are looking for innovative sustainable solutions to empower women for food security in West Pokot District in Kenya. 

My friend and colleague Keela and I celebrated Thanksgiving by spending a full day at the office working on a USAID grant and preparing for our upcoming Yang'at fundraiser in Kapenguria on Dec. 4th.  Then we ate sauteed kale in a peanut sauce, french fries with heinz ketchup and pineapple for our Thanksgiving feast.

  I am unable to load pictures at the moment due to spotty internet, apologies.

Stay tuned increasingly exciting posts to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment