Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Cincinnati and METE in Chicago

June is flying by!  I started this month with a trip to see my brother Carl and cousin Dave in Cincinnati.  We went to Findlay Market the first day to pick up some organic farm fresh produce.
These strawberries literally tasted like sunshine.  No joke.

I also had the opportunity to do the children's sermon at my Aunt Kathleen's church , Immanuel Presbyterian in Clifton, and share a little bit about my work in Democratic Republic of Congo.


My big brother Carl helped me with my mini geography quiz.  The kids did a great job!

After I returned from Cincinnati I jumped right into a two week intensive training for new Covenant missionaries.  I met 11 other folks who are fundraising and preparing to serve as an extension of the church all around the world.  A large number of us were headed to Africa, so it was a great opportunity to get to know my teammates and talk about everything from cross-cultural sensitivity to packing ideas.  One of the nights I took some of my fellow missionaries to see the bean in Millenium Park.



Chicago is always fun (especially in the summertime, and more especially when Iron and Wine is playing a free concert!), but I look forward to the days when I can share pictures of the Congo River and tropical African forests.  Those days will be here before I know it!





No comments:

Post a Comment